Promoting the bicycling lifestyle in The Buckeye State
Tag Archives: Great Allegheny Passage
In June of 2016, I checked an item off of my bike bucket list, and rode the C&O Canal Towpath Trail and Great Allegheny Passage Trail from Washington, DC to Pittsburgh, PA. I blogged about it for my employer; I’ve created this index to each day’s report so that people who follow this site can catch up on the trip if they don’t follow my employer’s blog.
I rode with seven friends (two old friends; just meeting the other five on the trip). We drove to Pittsburgh and met at the Amtrak station, took the train to DC, then rode the trails back to Pittsburgh. We toured “credit-card style,” i.e. staying in hotels and eating meals in restaurants.
All of these links will open in a new window or tab, since they go to another site:
- Packing List: Credit-card touring on the C&O Canal/Great Allegheny Passage Trails
- DC to Pgh Bike Tour Day 1 – Pgh to DC via Amtrak
- DC to Pgh Bike Tour Day 2 – Washington, DC to Harpers Ferry, WV
- DC to Pgh Bike Tour Day 3 – Harpers Ferry, WV to Hancock, MD
- DC to Pgh Bike Tour Day 4 – Hancock to Cumberland, MD
- DC to Pgh Bike Tour Day 5 – Cumberland, MD to Ohiopyle, PA
- DC to Pgh Bike Tour Day 6 – Ohiopyle to Pittsburgh, PA