Promoting the bicycling lifestyle in The Buckeye State
Community Meetings on Cleveland West Shoreway Improvements
Please join the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT), the City of Cleveland Planning Commission and Ward 13 Councilman Joe Cimperman for a public meeting to review the proposed redesigned plan for the West Shoreway, also known as the Connecting Cleveland: The Waterfront District Plan. The proposal is working within a finite budget of $49.8 million that includes Route 2 improvements, entrance and exit ramps, and greater lake access via bike trails. The most important component for Ohio City are redesigned exit and off ramps for Route 2 from West 25th and West 28th Streets to enhance pedestrian and vehicular safety, aesthetics, and development opportunities.
Public Meeting # 1:
- When: Wednesday January 7, 2009 at 5:00 pm
- Where: The Lakeview Terrace Community Center, located at 1290 W.25th Street, just north of Division. Parking is available on the street only.
- When: Wednesday January 7, 2009 at 7:00 pm
- Where: The Lutheran Hospital Auditorium (The Castele Learning Center), located off the Spine & Arthritis Center Building entrance that faces Fulton Road just south of Franklin Blvd.
- Parking: There is ample, free parking at the Lutheran Hospital lot at W.28th & Franklin (enter off W.28th Street, just north of Franklin)